WEBINAR | The end of job descriptions and the rise of the project economy
In this 10th and last webinar in our Leading in Times of Uncertainty series, we will welcome Antonio Nieto-Rodriguez for a discussion on the rise of the Project Economy.
"We all have heard about the disruptions that are impacting our society and the business world: robotics, artificial intelligence, shared economy, blockchain, big data….
However, there is one extreme disruption that is affecting our world that media and academia have completely missed. For over a 100 years, organisations have been run and structured in a very similar way: hierarchical; in which power, budgets and resources are divided over departments, the so-called “silos”. Management and management theory was focused on how to run and optimise (efficiency) the business best. Projects were an addition, but hardly ever a priority.
We are witnessing the rise of the Project Economy. The so-called gig economy is driven by projects.
Today, due to the speed of change witnessed in the past decade, this model has become obsolete. The day to day running of a business will soon be carried out by automation and robots, if not already done. Projects are becoming an essential part of any organisation. My prediction is that by 2025, senior leaders and managers will spend at least 60% of their time selecting, prioritising, overseeing, and implementing projects."
Antonio Nieto-Rodriguez, Director Head of Project Management Office @ GSK
Leading in Times of Uncertainty Webinar Series
- APRIL 8 - INNOVATION | BRUNO WATTENBERGH | Is this a crisis or is this an opportunity? Perspectives on innovation and disruption.
- APRIL 15 - DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION | OMAR MOHOUT | How do technology and agile concepts power organisational performance?
- APRIL 22 - RISK MANAGEMENT | MICHAEL MALONE | Managing risk and organisational resilience in times of crisis.
- APRIL 29 - STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP | JOHN METSELAAR | Reinvent (Your) Innovation. Now!
- MAY 06 - PERSONAL LEADERSHIP | VALERIE VANGEEL | How to move forward with fear?
- MAY 13 - INNOVATION | LAURENT BOUTY | How to create Sustainable Business Models?
- MAY 20 - PERSONAL LEADERSHIP | BRIGITTE LIPSCHUTZ | Performance and self-engagement when working from home.
- MAY 27 - TEAM LEADERSHIP | JEAN-PIERRE AERTS | Lessons learned from working efficiently with remote teams: managing performance, motivation and communication.
- JUNE 3 - TEAM LEADERSHIP | SUSAN WEST | 7 lessons learned from coaching leaders in times of crisis.
- JUNE 10 - PROJECT LEADERSHIP | ANTONIO NIETO-RODRIGUEZ | The end of job descriptions and the rise of the project economy.